Re: Fwd: 1.7.1 setup mirrors list is empty

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:53:37PM -0800, Marc Girod wrote:
>Nazar Gabriel wrote:
>>After stepping through the screens the list for mirrors to choose from
>>is empty.
>
>I don't have an empty list, but I do have some problems with them.  The
>Swedish mirror has an older version of setup.exe.

There is only one Swedish mirror: ftp.sunet.se.  It has a recent version
of setup.ini.  Mirrors are not supposed to keep copies of setup.exe and,
in fact, I don't see one at that site.

>The installation from funet.fi couldn't complete, and later I got a popup
>telling me that it wasn't anymore an official cygwin mirror (?)

What's puzzling about that?  That is setup.exe doing you the favor of
telling you that the mirror is out of date.

>All the others I tried (heanet.ie, Dresden, Karlsruhe, Switzerland,
>France...) tell me:
>
>  Unable to get setup.ini
>
>Some known problems?

No, of course not.  It does sound like possibly you haven't downloaded
the most recent version of setup.exe from http://cygwin.com/ though.

Btw, the empty mirrors list would undoubtedly be some kind of network
problem.  setup.exe does a simple http retrieval to download the mirror
list.

cgf