Re: Compiling Setup

On 3/8/2010 1:18 AM, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
Hi Larry,
Once again a big thank you.

The new version of the compiler is packaged as 'gcc4', though this is
the default, which is why setup won't compile unless you install
'gcc'. Don't forget to specify 'gcc-3' to setup's configure, so you
don't end up with 'gcc' which points to 'gcc-4' by default.

I followed the url as requested, saw further url's, followed them and say lists of files to install.

A quick check of some the files seen were also seen in my computer at
the indicated places.
Where these install when I run setup.exe and installed everything?

Executables are typically put in '/usr/bin'.

I have modified my Build_Setup.sh as per attached.
Was this the correct way to specify `gcc-3' to setup's configure?

Yes, that's fine. You can also invoke 'gcc-3' directly from the command line just to make sure it's found.

When I run Build_Setup.sh I get

Admin@Shammah ~
$ ./Build_Setup.sh
Doing CVS
Done CVS
Exit Status of cvs update is 0
Doing bootstrap.sh
Done CVS
Exit Status of bootstrap is 0
Doing configure
Done configure
Read /usr/src/setup/setup/README
Read /usr/src/setup/setup/configure2.out
Read /usr/src/setup/setup/config.log
Exit Status of configure is 77
Exit_Satus of Build_Setup is 1

Looks like you'll need to look at the log files again to find out where the configure failed and why.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746