Re: taskkill - error while loading shared libraries - LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

On 3/3/2010 6:12 PM, Robert Mark wrote:
Hi All,

No one else has seen this sort of issue before?

I have upgraded to Cygwin 1.7 (CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.7.1(0.218/5/3)
2009-12-07 11:48) and am having trouble running a windows commands
that I use a lot as part of Cygwin. For example, when I use taskkill I
get:

/c/WINDOWS/system32/taskkill.exe: error while loading shared
libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I have read some posts from this list and seen discussion around
LD_LIBRARY_PATH being the path for DLLs. In my environment the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is not set. I try "export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PATH" but that doesn't fix the issue either.

Any advice as to how I can get this working would be most appreciated!

Since taskkill is a Windows app and not a Cygwin one, there is no benefit to fiddling with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, even if Cygwin apps would otherwise be affected by it (they won't be). I find the terminology of the error you see to particularly interesting, since it doesn't look like your standard Windows error report and certainly doesn't match the format I see when I force taskkill to error out. But that's a MS issue/oddity that's better addressed in a Windows forum.

Holliston, MA 01746