Re: mintty colors

Gary Johnson:
> I have downloaded mintty-0.6-beta2-cygwin15.zip and read
> mintty-0.5.8.pdf, but I don't see a way to change the ANSI color
> palette other than to send escape sequences.

You're right, there isn't, as documented.

>ÂI could echo the
> escape sequences in my ~/.bashrc, but mintty isn't the only terminal
> I use.

You could just make that bit conditional on the value of TERM.

(Also, the escape sequence for this was introduced by xterm, so it's
probably supported by other terminals as well. And unrecognised escape
sequences are supposed to be ignored anyway.)

> My specific problem is that the blue that mintty displays for ANSI
> color 4 or 12 is so dark that blue characters are illegible on a
> black background. I've adjusted the color that rxvt uses by putting
>   Rxvt.color12:               #007fff
>   Rxvt.color4:                #007fff

Blue (i.e. color 4) on black background is just a bad idea, full stop.
Brightening it up by default would impair its usability as a
background colour. (Try 'mc' with your setting.)

And mintty's default for colour 12 is #4040ff, which is much the same
brightness as #007fff.

Andy