Re: mintty colors

On 3/3/2010 2:33 AM, Gary Johnson wrote:
Thanks, but I guess my explanation wasn't clear enough.  What I
would like to be able to configure are the colors that mintty uses
to display the 16 colors of a 16-color terminal.  I guess these are
termed ANSI colors.  These are the colors that programs such as
grep, ls and vim use when executed in a color terminal.

My specific problem is that the blue that mintty displays for ANSI
color 4 or 12 is so dark that blue characters are illegible on a
black background.  I've adjusted the color that rxvt uses by putting

     Rxvt.color12:		#007fff
     Rxvt.color4:		#007fff

in my ~/.Xdefaults file, but I can't find the equivalent, if there
is one, for mintty.  There is some mention of this in the mintty man
page, in the section on "Changing the ANSI colours", but that is not
the same as being able to configure mintty so that it always uses a
particular palette.
mple

ahh sorry.
you may have already seen this...
looks like there may not be one unless this change request and reversion was re-implemented
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss/browse_thread/thread/33cb565e4f32f146

It does appear to provide a means to do it yourself(recompile required).