Re: Fetchmail call to procmail no longer works under Cygwin 1.7.1-1

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
>>> Evidently if it does not find /home/TBaker/.procmailrc, it does
>>> not go looking for /home/tbaker/.procmailrc. ÂSince my entire
>>> file system is based on tbaker, I'd love to find a way to eradicate
>>> the "TBaker" from my system entirely. ÂThe guy who set up my XP
>>> installation many years ago set my login as "TBaker" but it has
>>> never caused any practical problems until now.
>
> He should still be shot. ;-)

Maybe along with the IBM guy who swapped Ctrl with CapsLock :-)

> Yeah, I wouldn't go that far when a symbolic link to /home/tbaker would
> suffice.

Yes indeed!
	$ cd /home
	$ mv TBaker TBaker.bak
	$ ln -s /home/tbaker TBaker

Now everything works fine again! :-)

>> It would be nicer to expunge any references to "TBaker" entirely.
>> I guess they are in the Win32 registry? ÂI do not find any in my
>> cygwin configuration files.

I guess that's unnecessary now...

> <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-new1.7.html>

Yes, I had indeed scanned through that bulletin but didn't
see this one coming, if it was indeed a "1.7 update" issue
at all.  I guess the issues around the "missing" APLs (see above):

	group:root:rwx
	group:SYSTEM:rwx

turned out to be irrelevant?

> Changing the user name in '/etc/passwd' to use the proper case should
> resolve the problem though.

	$ vim /etc/passwd

has apparently fixed everything.  Much easier than migrating
my whole system from XP to Windows 7.

Thank you, all, for your patience and attention to detail! :-)

Tom

--
Tom Baker