Re: git stopped working with 1.7.1

I ran into the same problem today.  After looking at
http://gitdiscoveries.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/git-and-cygwin-part-2/, I
tried installing GIT 1.7.0 from source, but same as the author, it did not
fix the problem either, so I'm guessing that the rest of the people in this
thread are right, and it is an OpenSSH issue with cygwin 1.7.1.

I really hope somebody will come up with a good workaround, other than using
that plink fix.