Re: Problems with mutt & charset

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:27:48PM +0100, I wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 12:00:54PM +0000, Andy Koppe wrote:
> > Gary:

> > > However if I send *myself* an email containing upper case an umlauted A,
> > > O, or U I see garbage in mutt where the character should be
>
> > a mintty user
> > reported that he had to rebuild mutt against ncursesw (which is now
> > part of the Cygwin distribution) to get UTF-8 in mutt working:
> > http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/detail?id=124#c28
>
> Hmm. You mean to get any UTF-8 support at all? It's strange, because
> until a few weeks ago I could see all my umlauts just fine, but I don't
> know which of the changes since then have caused my problems

Incidentally, I just tried using mutt with rxvt, with
LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1 and other config files appropriately set (I think)
as they were before my move to UTF-8, and still couldn't send myself an
email with upper case umlauted characters that I could later
read. Weird. Maybe I was mistaken about them working in the past.