Re: bash slow to get prompt

On 02/16/2010 07:06 AM, lanco wrote:
Hi,
does anyone encountered this problem during its experience with cygwin 1.5?
Commands in bash (ls, cd, awk, ncftp, sed, ...) appears executed
correctly but prompt get many seconds to come back to life. This block u
from useful execution of scripts.  All worked correctly, maybe untill some
gauche action on system?
Could some action patch this problem?
Attached the output of cygcheck -s -v -r (_srv) and cygcheck -c (_c)

I don't see anything obvious. My best guess would be <cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>. Of course, your Cygwin installation is 4 years out of date. Even if you don't plan to update to 1.7.1, you could install the most recent legacy version of the tools, which would get you a little closer to current.

Holliston, MA 01746