Re: AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337

Hi Larry

Thank you for your quick reply.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:27 AM
Subject: Re: AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337

On 02/12/2010 05:17 AM, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
I have downloaded setup.exe version 2.682 and tried to install cygwin
into a new directory without success.
It installs but when I try to run cygwin.bat, the terminal screen comes
up then dies.

I highly recommend _not_ running "setup.exe" from within a Cygwin shell. And actually, I believe this is your problem. Your installation is now partially out of date and won't run without a reboot. If you don't have Cygwin running when you install, you won't have this problem.

When I first started trying to run cygwin 1.7, I thought I read in the installation instructions that
1.5 & 1.7 could be installed at once.

Are you stating that although having the two installed in completely separate directories,
that they are still running services at system bootup?

I have just now deleted the 1.7 installation, installed it again and it still dies.

Yours Sincerely

Stephen Grant Brown