Re: cron & Windows 7

On 02/11/2010 06:17 PM, Robert Pendell wrote:
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen"
To:<cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 13:52

| Uh oh.  Is the name of the BUILTIN group not BUILTIN on non-English
| systems?  If so, the code in get_user_local_groups must be changed to
| emit the correct name, rather than just storing the fixed string
| "BUILTIN\\" in builtin_grp.

Will do, this weekend at the latest. Matthias did a preliminary test on Win 7.
I learned that in German BUILTIN is VORDEFINIERT :)
I wonder if the translation is a Win 7 feature or if has been there all the time.

Pierre

Hmm.... That's news to me. I have access to many different iso's for both Vista and Windows 7 that are language native in various other languages through my Technet subscription. If it is needed I could probably go and get the many different names that BUILTIN goes by. That is of course unless there is a more dynamic way of determining it.

No need. Corinna's implementation takes a language agnostic approach. :-)

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746