From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 3:30:15 PM
Subject: Re: .bashrc file not run

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Thomas Wolff  wrote:
> On 11.02.2010 15:55, Neil Blue wrote:
>
> By design (and documentation), bash runs *only* .profile (and /etc/profile)
> if started as a "login shell".

Not quite.
>From "info bash" , Node: Bash Startup Files

When Bash is invoked as an interactive login shell, or as a
non-interactive shell with the `--login' option, it first reads and
executes commands from the file `/etc/profile', if that file exists.
After reading that file, it looks for `~/.bash_profile',
`~/.bash_login', and `~/.profile', in that order, and reads and
executes commands from the first one that exists and is readable.

Note to Neil: .bashrc_profile is ignored by bash. You want .bash_profile

Hope this helps.
--
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts