Tee broken under process substitution?

Hi all,

It appears that 'tee' can't handle process substitution as its target file. It works fine on my Solaris machine at work, and the coreutils info pages explicitly say it should work:

solaris$ echo hi | tee >(cat)
hi
hi

cygwin$ echo hi | tee >(cat)
hi
tee: /dev/fd/63: Bad file descriptor

Does anyone have any ideas or workarounds? Unfortunately google tends to ignore three-letter words, so I couldn't determine if this has been reported/solved before...

Thanks,
Ryan