Re: Changing .ini file searched for by setup-legacy.exe

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 08:26:50PM -0000, Hussein Patwa wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 08:12:02PM +0000, Andy Koppe wrote:
>>On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 08:47:43PM +0100, Hussein Patwa wrote:
>>>I realise the older version of Cygwin is no longer supported, but would
>>>anyone know if there is a way to change the setup.ini that the legacy
>>>setup looks for on the mirror?
>>
>>I don't know of a way short of hacking the source.
>>
>>What's the mirror you're trying to use?  Won't Rockbox work on the
>>latest Cygwin 1.5 from one of the official mirrors (which should all
>>have setup-legacy.ini)?
>
>I'm trying to use http://download.rockbox.org/cygwin/.  As for the
>latest 1.5, I thought based on what Greg said earlier that the latest
>1.5 was the setup-legacy he linked to?  I'm now trying to get around
>this by manually extracting the packages from the mirror.  Call it a
>patchwork quilt approach but if it works I won't complain as I don't
>know any other way to do it.

download.rockbox.org is providing a version of setup.ini but this file
has nothing to do with the Cygwin project.  I don't know how they are
instructing you to do things but installing a base 1.5 installation via
setup-legacy.exe and then using the regular setup.exe to install their
stuff would probably work.

If it doesn't work then *ask them* what to do.  This is cygwin.com
not rockbox.org.

cgf