Re: what's the problem of my cygwin installation?

On 02/05/2010 02:39 PM, G.W. Haywood wrote:
Hello again,

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 some of us wrote:

[snip] this is discussed regularly...

and:

And, how, exactly, would changing the name of setup.exe to something
else cause a DECREASE in traffic?

It seems the answer to that question is apparent.

So you didn't read the referenced thread then. Just to trod over the same ground again so that this thread can end, those that prefer 'setup.exe' to be called something else on their disk when they download it can easily change the name in the process. The rest of the world does not have to change to suit their needs. They can change things locally to be as they wish. Simple.

But I do get the message that the name of setup.exe isn't going to be
changed.  I can live with that, even if I don't use a GUI. :)

And the DLL?

We're considering keeping it.

Holliston, MA 01746