Re: File format problem after updatin to 1.7.1

Jeremy Bopp:
> DEWI - N. Zacharias:
>> i have just updated to 1.7.1 an run in trouble. ÂDuring the previous installations there was a switch which sets the used file format Dos/Unix. This switch did not only disappear also the former uses file format (DOS) was set to Unix underhand . The result is that a lot of scripts did not work anymore because they produce Âa bunch of lines " bash: $'\r': command not found" instead of the expected output. ÂI'm not able to filter all the scripts and files to remove the DOS line separator so I have to set the file format correctly.
>>
>> As far I can see there is no topic in the user manual which covers this issue also nothing in the FAQ.
>
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
>
> Among other things that section discusses the /etc/fstab file and the
> mount options available, two of which are "binary" and "text". ÂYou need
> to add entries to your /etc/fstab file for at least the paths which
> contain your files, likely /cygdrive/c or something similar, which set
> the "text" mount option. ÂUsing your cygdrive as an example:
>
> none /cygdrive cygdrive text,posix=0,user 0 0

Also, there's this at the top of http://www.cygwin.com:

"Please note that the update from Cygwin 1.5.x to Cygwin 1.7.x might
require some manual changes afterwards. Most notably the mount point
storage has been moved out of the registry into files. User mount
points are NOT copied into the new user-specific /etc/fstab.d/$USER
file. Rather, every user has to call the /bin/copy-user-registry-fstab
shell script once after the update."

Andy