re: Cygwin Vista svn problem STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Following up on Mark MacVicar's recent email about getting a stack dump using svn from a DOS prompt, I have exactly the same problem (Cygwin 1.7.1 running under Vista). Here's some more info:

a. If the repository is accessed at http..., svn works fine from the DOS prompt.

b. When I switched so that I needed to access the (same) repository using https:..., the crash started:

C:\scratch>svn co https://[host]/[repository]

      9 [main] svn 3460 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   1342 [main] svn 3460 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to svn.exe.stackdump
      9 [main] svn 3460 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   1342 [main] svn 3460 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to svn.exe.stackdump

c. If I run the same command from a Bash prompt (created using the default Cygwin icon), svn works fine.

d. I thought it might be a path issue, but the same thing happens when I make c:\cygwin\bin the first item in my DOS path.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard Stanton