Possible Bug or limitation in Cygwin 1.7 and Rsync and file number limit

Lists lists@trcintl.com
Sat Jun 20 03:47:00 GMT 2009

<snip>
> Can you upgrade to the latest Cygwin 1.7 package and try again.  From your
> cygcheck output, it looks like things are not correct but this may be just
> a problem with an old cygcheck that doesn't know how to find the implicit
> mounts.  If the issue is still the same, resending the output of the new
> cygcheck would be helpful.
>
> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

I just downloaded the newest version of cygwin 1.7 as of 6-19-09 at
approximately 3:30 CST and had the exact same results.  Please find the new
cygcheck.out file attached.  You mentioned above that their might be a
problem with the mounts.  Not sure if it helps to know this, but I can
successfully use rsync to copy many gigabytes of files.  It just hangs when
there are thousands of files in a single directory (9,000 seems to always do
it.).  Also note that this cygcheck was done on a different computer than
the first just to make sure this isn't computer specific.  Again, I have
tried it on several.

Thank you in advance.

- Kyle