subversion: svn2cl

David,

I have begun using svn2cl[1] to manage the cygport ChangeLog. While this will only be a dependency for me and not for building from a source tarball, this should really be added to the distro.

There are two alternatives:

1) As is done by other Linux distros[2][3], ship with subversion the (older) version of svn2cl from the subversion tarball with an upstream patch for compatibility with the latest libxml2[4], OR

2) one of us ITP the latest upstream version separately (I have a package ready[5]).

Which would you prefer?

Yaakov

[1] http://arthurdejong.org/svn2cl/
[2] http://packages.debian.org/sid/subversion-tools