setup 1.7.1 hangs on 000-cygwin-post-install.sh

Hi,

I have problems installing 1.7.1.

I first tried to upgrade my existing 1.5 installation. All went as
expected until setup (2.673) comes to the end of the process where the
scripts are run. It tries to run /etc/postinstall/
000-cygwin-post-install.sh but this doesn't seem to do anything. After
about 5 minutes I canceled the dialog, but that leaves three instances
of bash.exe running.

I also tried a clean installation by deleting the complete c:\cygwin
tree, deleting all related registry entries I could find and running
the setup again. Same result.

With this clean installation I only tried to install the basic
environment so continuously pressing Next, without selecting any
additional packages.

Regards,
Frank