Re: openSSH problem

On 12/17/2009 01:41 AM, StÃphanie Cettou wrote:
Can me help, please?? Wath can I do?

The easiest thing to do would be to remove your installation of Cygwin and
start over. I'm serious. There are allot of permissions that need to be
set just right in order for this to work properly. With your attempts
previously to resolve your other problems, you've created more. This
is why there are the configure scripts ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config.
They're designed to get the settings right so you don't have to do any
fiddling. The other alternative to starting over is to review the ssh-host-config
and ssh-user-config scripts to reset things to be as they would be initially.
This is more tedious work than starting over but if you can't afford that, it
is the best plan to getting things working again quickly. If you've gathered
from all this that getting sshd running under Windows has allot more variables
and constraints than under Linux/Unix, you've learned the right lesson.
Unless you're an expert with OpenSSH under Windows, stick to the scripts
and consult the list archives and ultimately the list if you have problems.
You'll be better off.

Holliston, MA 01746