Re: Merits of ClearCase

On 12/14/2009 07:21 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
That's a workaround, not a solution. Any VCS that requires an O(n) (n as the number of files being labeled) labeling post-processing pass in order to create enough records in the database to track commits atomically, when there are O(1) solutions like git where commits are atomic _without any additional effort), is just too slow to be worth anything in my opinion.

Besides, git is open source, clearcase is not. If git doesn't do what you want, then you can patch it. If clearcase doesn't do what you want, too bad.
Oh I forgot to say... This is really off topic for Cygwin really.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you. - Will Rogers