Re: Looking for the 'stdout' of a Windows application

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   *shudder*

Er?

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   It's almost certainly not hung: it's printed the prompt, which has
> gotten
> lost somewhere, and it's now waiting for your input.  Try hitting enter.

This is what I meant.
I thought I had tried hitting Enter... It works.
Under emacs, the shell gets killed!?

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   Perfectly normal.  That's why cygwin's ps output has the WINPID column.
> (Remember, you can't properly fork or exec in windows; you have to create
> new process each time.)

OK. Thanks.

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   When you say it doesn't work in the "Cygwin terminal", do you mean the
> standard dos-box style console?  If it doesn't work there, you must have
> the
> 'tty' set in your CYGWIN environment variable; remove it.

I did. Removed. No effect. Should I have rebooted?
BTW, after killing the process from an other teminal, I loose the stdin/out
in this one (be it the console or xterm).

Dave Korn-6 wrote:

>   As for the gui terminals, there's probably nothing you can do.  Well,
> apart
> from typing your answers blind each time it pauses...

Thanks
Marc