Re: debugging setup.exe behaviour.

Ribamar Santarosa de Sousa wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what is happening as setup.exe doesn't
> install software via bash. If I try, fo example:
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin/setup.exe -d  -D -s
> 'http://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin/' -I '/home/user' -P vim
> no output is shown and no software is installed at all. setup.log (and
> .full) are only changed if I try $PWD/setup.exe -h or --help,

  Where are you looking for the log files?  Setup only puts them in $PWD for
the --help option; during a normal download/install they go in /var/log.

  Umm, and what's "-I /home/user"?  Did you misread the help text where it
mentions "-l" (lower-case L) and are trying to set the local package dir?
(Also, use a win32 path if that is the case.)

    cheers,
      DaveK