Re: BASH Shell - Configuration Problem?

On 2009-12-11, rgc3679 wrote:
> I haven't used cygwin or bash in 5 years, but I need to write a bash script
> for my ISP to test JavaMail. I can't get simple things to work, so I'm
> wondering if maybe I have a bash shell config issue. I did update cygwin to
> the latest.

[...]

> Notice how the echo of the classpath is an overwrite of JAR3 path by JAR5
> path.
>
> Also, a similar overwrite when I try to get the java version, and run my
> tester.
>
> Any ideas?

Thanks for all the details.  That really helps.  It looks to me as
though your script file has CR-LF (DOS) line endings rather than LF
(Unix) line endings.  The current version of Cygwin's bash sees only
the LF line endings and includes the CR as part of the script.  You
can use the d2u utility to fix this.

HTH,
Gary