Re: UTF-8 in Cygwin console on 1.7

Cliff Hones wrote:
> [I was rather surprised to discover that non-X rxvt does not handle
> UTF-8 output at all, not that this causes me any great concern.]

rxvt is dead, upstream, and will never support anything but narrow
characters.  I'm seriously considering marking it _obsolete sometime
after cygwin-1.7.1 is released.

Use mintty for non-X, and rxvt-unicode for X.  I'll even release a
run2-style xml configuration so that you can mimic the "dual mode"
nature of current rxvt with those two programs.

--
Chuck