RE: [1.7] windows 7 with networked drives - ls failure and mount -c does not stick...

Attached find volinfo and strace output.

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Corinna Vinschen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 4:49 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [1.7] windows 7 with networked drives - ls failure and mount -c
does not stick...

On Oct 16 20:34, Paul J. Ghosh wrote:
> My mistake.  I read through the documents - thanks!
>
> So, without any entries in /etc/fstab and with no modifications done via
> mount is 'ls' supposed to work on a networked drive?  I am finding that it
> gives an error.  What am I doing wrong?  Both B: and N: are networked
> drives.  I can change directories but not list their contents.  Output of
> cygcheck, mount, and contents of /etc/fstab included.  See attached file
and
> below:
>
> paul.j.ghosh@VGNZ790DKX ~
> $ mount
> C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
> C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
> C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
> B: on /cygdrive/b type smbfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> N: on /cygdrive/n type smbfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>
> paul.j.ghosh@VGNZ790DKX ~
> $ cd /cygdrive/b
>
> paul.j.ghosh@VGNZ790DKX /cygdrive/b
> $ ls
> ls: reading directory .: Function not implemented

I still can't reproduce this.  Accessing a Samba share works fine for
me.  Can you please run

  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/b

  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/n

and send us the output of these two commands.  If you can't find that
executable, install the csih package and try again.

Additionally, please run this:

  $ strace -o ls.trace ls /cygdrive/b

If `ls /cygdrive/b' works fine for some reason, try this:

  $ cd /cygdrive/b
  $ strace -o C:/ls.trace ls

Either way, please send the ls.trace file, which got created by
strace as attachment to your reply.

Corinna

Red Hat