Re: How to deny directory-access for one dedicated user

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Matthias Meyer <> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run cygwin on Windows (XP as well as Vista) with NTFS.
>
> I want to deny access to a directory for one dedicated user.
> I tried it with:
> $ setfacl -m u:backup:0 /cygdrive/c/test
> $ getfacl /cygdrive/c/test
> # file: /cygdrive/c/test
> # owner: meyer
> # group: Kein
> user::rwx
> user:Backup:---
> group::r-x
> mask:rwx
> other:r-x
> default:user::rwx
> default:group::r-x
> default:other:r-x
>
> But nevertheless, user Backup can access the directory as well as the files
> in it.
>
> How to reach my goal?
> Thanks
> Matthias
> --
> Don't Panic

See if these user guide entries are helpful.

For cygwin 1.5: http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping
For cygwin 1.7: http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping

I'm wondering if this applies since your example looks an awful lot
like what is used in the user guides.

-Jason