Re: gdb, insight, and tcltk

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 07:30:10AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I'm sorry.  I haven't been giving this my full attention since I have a
>>working version of gdb and insight and thought you were asking insight
>>questions.
>
>'salright.
>
>>I'm wondering if it would just be best for me to continue in this vein.
>>It probably won't be worthwhile to be splitting responsibilities
>>because, frankly, I REALLY don't want to be debugging your end of
>>things along with my own.  This probably sounds mean but I don't mean
>>it to be.  I just don't want to have to devote double the amount of
>>brain power to figuring out my own gdb issues along with yours and then
>>coordinating with you every time I find a problem.
>
>Fair enough.  I was anticipating only minimal interaction, after this
>initial hurdle -- basically, I'd've grabbed whatever patches you were
>using for gdb-7.0 and otherwise stayed out of your hair.

With all due respect, Chuck, when are interactions with you ever
*minimal*?  Nearly every message you send is a slightly longer retelling
of War and Peace.  :-)

I appreciate that you are trying to help but I do have the technical
acumen to deal with these issues myself.  However, if I decide to give
up gdb maintainership, you'll be first on my list of people to contact.

cgf