Re: Cygwin Set up - Migrate to new machine

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Kevin Holleran <kdawg44@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am building a new laptop and was wondering if there was a way I
> could copy some ini or setup file from cygwin to the new one so that
> the cygwin installer would install the same packages as opposed to
> having to go through and tweak the install to get it the way I want it
> again.

Assuming you are using Cygwin 1.7 I've created a script for myself,
that allows me to make a stripped down install cmd that would
reinstall all packages that I had installed, see:

http://kitsu.ru/cygwin-reinstall-cmd.py

It has mirror and cygwin directory names hard coded (change them to
what you use), and prints out commands that you can redirect to e.g.
cygwin-reinstall.cmd. Unless you have way too many packages it should
also fit into Windows command line limit...