Re: mailing list responses [Re: Console codepage setting via chcp?]

On Sep 28 13:12, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> [meta-response, irrelevant for topic discussion]
>

> Corinna wrote:
> > Any reason you redirected your reply to the cygwin list?  It doesn't
> > make much sense to disuss this in two lists and it's breaking the
> > threading on the cygwin-developers list for no apparent reason.
> No, sorry, I had been cross-linked to the cygwin-developers archive
> from another mail on this list so I hadn't even noticed. And once you
> are on the web archive, you wouldn't easily touch the mail with your
> normal mailer to automatic construct a proper response, especially
> since I'm not subscribe to cygwin-developers, so I was pasting the
> wrong headers :(
>
> Another note: Since I fail to receive the cygwin mailing list in my mailbox
> for some reason, I follow that on the web archive as well.

If you are sure you're subscribed with the correct email address,
and if you are sure that it's not something in your ISPs setup, or
your own SPAM filter, then you should send a mail to the mailing list
overseers at sourceware dot org, describing your problem.  Maybe they
can help you.

Other than that, there's also the news gateway nabble, which allows to
read the mailing list via news reader.  That's much easier than to
sift through the mailing list archive.

> I construct
> the web archive does not quote the Message-Id of the respective message
> itself, so the response will always be positioning one behind in the thread.
> I'm sorry for this, too, but I think the web archive should be fixed to
> display also the Message-Id header of each message shown, please.

Can't say anything about that.  That's how ezmlm works, I assume.

Corinna

Red Hat