Rsync and Alternate Data Streams

Hello,

no, I do *not* want to transfer ADS with rsync, that would be an FAQ ;-)

But I have setup rsyncd on a windows host using cygwin. This machine
hosts files with ADS which are created by Antivirus software and change
frequently. I do not need to save these ADS, but somehow they seem to
lead rsync to believe the file has changed and transfer it again. Since
we are doing multi-generation backups with rsync and hard links (using
the --link-dest option), this greatly increases space requirements. I
compared old and new files, and they are exactly identical in size,
name, path, permissions (as UNIX/cygwin sees them), they have the same
md5sum.

I have not yet tried running rsync with the checksum option, but since
we are backing up > 200.000 files, that would likely take much too long.
Do you have any ideas how to change this behaviour?

Thanks,
Andreas