Re: Can't get SSHD started after successf ully running sshd-host-configÃ

On 09/22/2009 09:50 AM, Kyle Stanek wrote:
take the simple route out and remove Cygwin (see the FAQ for pointers on how) and
reinstall.
I am hesitant to do this, as I have spent a good amount of time
customizing my Cygwin environment.  However, if you think this is the
only way to go I can do it.

No, it's not. You can reset all the permissions to be the way they should be to
run as the privileged user. See '/bin/ssh-host-config' and the related scripts it calls.
Look for spots where it's changing ownerships and permissions and make sure yours
match what's there for the privileged user on your system (SYSTEM for XP, cyg_server
for later O/S versions).

Thanks Marco for picking up on my cygcheck sshd typo,

Holliston, MA 01746