Cygwin 1.7: cygstart does not recognise App Paths

I note with interest that in Cygwin 1.7 cygstart does not recognise
entries in the App Paths list, whereas in Cygwin 1.5 it does.

For example I have the following entry in my app paths list, pointing
to my favourite text editor:

$ regtool --verbose list
"/HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App
Paths/TextPad.exe"
?(REG_SZ) = "C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe"

Under Cygwin 1.5, "cygstart textpad" starts up an instance of the
editor. Under Cygwin 1.7 it does not, instead looking for an
executable in the current directory.

$ cygstart textpad
Unable to start 'C:\Documents and Settings\hadfield\textpad': The
specified file was not found.

It's not an issue with cygstart being stricter with the name, as
"cygstart TextPad" and "cygstart TextPad.exe" also fail.

Is this change deliberate?

--
Mark Hadfield
51 Volga St