I want my FPE!

I would like to get control when floating-point exceptions occur, but the simple
approach doesn't seem to work; see the STC below.  It shows SIGSEGV can be
trapped but not SIGFPE.  In another experiment I tried extending libsigsegv to
handle FP exceptions but got the same results.

Is there something I need to do to "condition" the Cygwin environment to
generate FP exceptions?  I saw the code in winsup/something/or/other to map x86
FP exceptions to SIGFPE but it seems somehow the exceptions aren't being
generated in the first place.
Thanks much,

..mark

#include <setjmp.h>