Re: setup.exe: Determine Geographically closest mirror programmatically

Dr. Christoph Gille wrote:
Closest mirror?  I'm not sure what you mean by this.  'setup.exe' does not
require this as a setting.  Actually, there is no such concept.  You need to specify
a mirror to work with but you can do that with '-s'.

With each superfluous click I lose a user, so it would be best if setup.exe would be run within http://3d-alignment.eu/ without user interaction.

Or you could modify the attached Windows batch file (I've made it a TXT file so it passes through most filters) and change the mirror name to one that's closer.

You might have to make one batch file per country :-)

Ralph
@ECHO OFF
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM batch file to automate setup of Cygwin from the command line

SETLOCAL
  FOR /F %%D in ("%CD%") DO SET DRIVE=%%~dD

  SET DFLTSITE=http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/

  SET DFLTLOCALDIR=%CD%/download
  SET DFLTROOTDIR=%DRIVE%/cygwinTest

  SET SITE=-s %DFLTSITE%
  SET LOCALDIR=-l %DFLTLOCALDIR%
  SET ROOTDIR=-R %DFLTROOTDIR%

REM --------------------------------------------------------------
REM Here's where I keep track of which packages I've loaded for
REM different types of work

REM C development: gcc4-core make readline

  SET PACKAGES=-P gcc4-core,make,readline

REM General      : diffutils ctags

  SET PACKAGES=%PACKAGES%,diffutils,ctags

REM Packaging     : cygport

  SET PACKAGES=%PACKAGES%,cygport

  setup -q -n -D -L %SITE% %LOCALDIR% %PACKAGES%

ECHO Cygwin installation is updated

ENDLOCAL

EXIT /B 0