Re: unlink()/rmdir() on busy file on MVFS

On Aug 28 14:59, Eric Blake wrote:
> shell 2:
> $ ls
> ls: cannot open directory .: Permission denied
> $ cd ..
>
> shell 1:
> $ ls -d dir
> ls: cannot access dir: No such file or directory
>
> Yes, the file and directory are being closed when the last client closes its
> handles, but it leads to confusing non-posix semantics in the meantime.
>
> Any advice on what to try to make MVFS behave like other remote fs to reject
> deletion of in-use objects?  Or do we just leave it alone, since we've already
> faced more than our fair share of working around MVFS anomalies?

unlink returns EBUSY for remote filesystems explicitely since when we
added MVFS support a couple of weeks back.  If it doesn't work on MVFS,
I don't see any way to change this behaviour.  If you're interested to
get it in, it's you again who will have to debug this in the unlink_nt
functon in syscall.cc.  I still had no luck to get a testversion of MVFS.

Corinna

Red Hat