Re: Changing HOME for PERL

Dexter_Michael@emc.com wrote:
Hi Andrew,

It seems my Cygwin has attached itself to the PERL on my C drive and not the cygwin Perl. How do I change that? Also debugger seemed to work too.

dextem@USENDEXTEML1C /usr/bin
$ which perl
/cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/perl

dextem@USENDEXTEML1C /usr/bin
$ which Perl
/cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/Perl
Well this is bad. Again, I'm not sure what C:\PERL\BIN\perl is but I suspect it's ActiveState's Perl (Yuck!) and the above indicates that Cygwin's /usr/bin is not in your path before C:\PERL\BIN. This is not good. What's your PATH look like?

(Hmmm... the "perl" vs "Perl" thing... I guess things like ls and which don't care about case but perhaps exec(1) does. I know that NTFS is case insensitive but case preserving but Unix/Linux is supposed to be not only case preserving but case sensitive too).
dextem@USENDEXTEML1C /usr/bin
$ perl -de 1

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `perldoc perldebug' for more help.

main::(-e:1): 1
DB<1> q
This just ran the ActiveState Perl, which also supports a debugger. Given your PATH try "/usr/bin/perl -de 1".
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
He's dead. It's been 2,000 years. He's not coming back. Get over it already!