RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1

--On 17 August 2009 17:52 +0000 Stephan Mueller wrote:

Robin Walker wrote:
" On any NT-class Windows, calling a *.bat file causes a 16-bit
sub-system to  " be spawned, and the .bat file is interpreted within the
16-bit command  " interpreter.
"
" Given that Cygwin 1.7 no longer supports Windows 9x systems, it would
" probably make sense to convert as many .bat files as possible to .cmd
" files, so that they run within the normal 32-bit command interpreter.
"
" Does the startxwin.bat script work when it is renamed startxwin.cmd ?

This is certainly an interesting question, but I'm not sure I believe the
preceding claim.

OK, I stand corrected. It looks as if something that bit me more years ago than I can remember is not in fact the problem that I mis-remembered it to be.

Sorry for wasting your time!

--
Robin Walker