Re: Cygwin commands in the Windows command line

Olumide wrote:

> I've noticed for sometime that Cygwin commands such as "ps" and "ls"
> (now) work in the Windows command line (cmd), and I'm not sure if its
> because something extra I installed on/did to my machine. (In fact, the
> command "pwd", when run in the cmd, shows a Cygwin path like
> /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/my_name.) Is this as a result of
> tighter integration of Cygwin with cmd?

  No, it's because you added your Cygwin /bin dir to your windows %PATH%
setting.  They're in the PATH, so when you try to run them they execute; they
don't insist that you be running a cygwin shell to launch them from, and most
command-line stuff will work from a DOS (cmd) prompt.

    cheers,
      DaveK