Re: Problem with apache2 and subversion (mod_dav_svn / mod_authz_svn)

On 8/11/2009 6:30 PM, Jeffrey C. Jacobs wrote:
I've been trying to set up an apache2 server using the corresponding
CYGWIN packages for the past few months on and off and recently I'm back
on this complicated project.  So, when I tried to start up my
configuration, the one that was working about 2 months ago, the server
failed to start and I got a strange error in my error logs:

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
unable to fork new process

[snip]

What I eventually found was that, everything else more or less the
same, I could start apache just fine if I commented out the LoadModule lines for dav_svn_module and authz_svn_module.

[snip]

Anyway, has anyone else seen this fork problem with the two subversion
modules?

When I build the subversion modules, I run the DAV tests, which starts an apache server with those modules loaded. I didn't have any problems when I built the package.

Could this be BLODA?

Harrison's Postulate:
        For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.