Re: 1.7.0-56: Subversion svn+ssh:// URLs often fail

On Aug 12 12:04, Robert Bogomip wrote:
> On 08/10/2009 03:47 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>> I ran this testcase on a Windows 7 RTM box, using the latest Cygwin from
>> CVS, in a debug and in an optimized version.  The loop ran ~2000
>> iterations under the debug Cygwin DLL and more then 3000 iterations
>> under the optimized DLL without any problem, until I killed them using
>> Ctrl-C.
>>
>> So, either there's a BLODA problem on your machine, or the problem
>> has been fixed in CVS.
>>

> Still failing for me on 1.7.0-57 I am afraid. Here's a fragment on the
> failing strace if that's at all useful. Consider:
>
>   let a=1
>   while strace -d -n --mask=all -o$a.trace svn ls
> svn+ssh://myserver/myrepo/ >$a &&
>     [ -s $a ]
>   do
>     echo -n $a
>     let ++a
>   done
>
> $a got to 6 before:
>
>   12345 881780 [main] svn 4260 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp
> before initialization, retry 0, exit code 0xC0000005, errno 11
>   svn: Can't create tunnel: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> 6.trace is attached. The error is marked by the word "exception."
>
> Dunno if this is useful. Is there any other information that would be?

Sorry, but I still can't reproduce it.  Again, more than 1000 iterations
on my W7 box.

Just to be really sure I ran this on a Vista SP2 machine, like you, with
Cygwin 1.7.0-57 and the latest bash, svn and ssh packages available from
the 1.7 release area OOTB.  >1500 iterations, no problem.

If I were you, I'd definitely try to investigate if there isn't some
software on your machine acting as BLODA.  The strace looks suspicious.

Corinna

Red Hat