Re: Please test the latest snapshot!

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 08:01:42PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug  6 13:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:45:31PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>I was, until yesterday, using the McAffee virus checker.  I'll try it
>>>again with that turned off.
>
>IIRC from reports on this list, it might not be sufficient to disable
>it, rather you would have to deinstall it.  There's probably some
>serious Windows DLL hooking going on.

I NUKED the sucker yesterday.  It took me the better part of an hour to
remove all remnants of it since the uninstall was persnickity.  I wanted
to get the system down to bare bones and I think I succeeded.  FWIW, I
also had webex running on it which I can imagine would also cause
problems.

>>If I set the buffer size up to 65536 it still fails.  If I set it down
>>it still succeeds.  FWIW, my previous tests were with Windows XP SP2.
>>Given that Eric is still reporting problems, I guess it could still be
>>BLODA though.
>
>Is there a chance this is a XP problem which has been fixed with XP
>SP3?  Additionally to XP SP3, 2008, and Windows 7, I now tried with
>Windows 2000 and it still works for me.

Sorry.  What I meant to say was that I upgraded to SP3 after first
trying SP2 and it failed in both cases.

I don't know why it would matter but this is a virtual machine running
under VirtualBox.  I guess it is barely possible that the VirtualBox
add-ons could cause a problem.  Also, grasping at straws, I wonder if it
could be related to the ethernet card being used.

cgf