RE: mintty doesn't run on NT4 due to lack of GetConsoleWindow

Andy Koppe wrote:
" (And to be honest I don't see the point in Cygwin 1.7 still supporting
" NT4. Anyone willing to stick with an OS that's been unsupported for
" five years should be more than happy to stick with Cygwin 1.5.)

Agreed, it seems a bit inconsistent, and yet I can think of at least two
reasons a user might want an old Windows and a new Cygwin:
- user is aiming for as Unixy an experience as possible with minimal
  Windows interaction, hence always wants latest and greatest Cygwin
  and hopes never to disturb the Windows OS underneath.
- user is happy to upgrade Cygwin because of the price, but would
  rather not upgrade Windows, because of the price.

stephan();