Re: Minor diff: /bin/ksh.exe

Paul McFerrin wrote:
> Just want to point out a slightly difference in behavior of ksh
>    @(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2
> between Cygwin 1.5 & 1.7  First, the above is a older version of pdksh
> that I had to tweek the cygwin sources a l-o-n-g time ago.  Under 1.5,
> the following does work properly:
>    $ cd /c/Doc*/Paul/App*/Moz*/Fire*/Pro*/*default/

  LERN2SHELL.  Try "echo /c/Doc*/Paul/App*/Moz*/Fire*/Pro*/*default/" to see if
you've actually got a real path there, or no matching path, or several matching
paths. Try stripping components off one by one and seeing which one you made a
mistake in.  The multiple expansions work just fine for me:

$ PS1="$ " pdksh
$ cd /cygdrive/c/Doc*/Adm*/App*/Moz*/Fire*/Pro*/*default/
$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/bfwp4loc.default
$

  Also, LERN2BUGREPORT.  You told us all about how you feel, but completely
omitted the crucial detail of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS when you try it.  Error
message?  No error message?  Boxing glove on a spring comes out of your computer
and punches you in the nose?

    cheers,
      DaveK