Odd directory created when installing 1.7

I installed 1.7 today for the first time, having deliberately waited
until near the end of beta testing out of cowardice (no; actually
because my use of Cygwin isn't that great at the moment, is not
particularly unusual, and unfortunately I've not had the time I'd
like to devote to tracking down bleeding-edge problems).

I must say I was very impressed - it installed with no obvious problems
and everything seems to be running well.  I know a lot of hard work
has gone into this, both from the core developers and the many package
maintainers.  Well done to all.

Just one minor quirk I've noticed so far.  Pardon me if it's known; I
didn't spot it in the mail archives.  I installed in parallel with
an existing 1.5 installation, so installed with root set to C:\Cygwin1.7.
After the installation completed, I had a directory named "C:"
at the the top level of my C drive, and under it directory Cygwin1.7\dev
(which was empty).  dev has also been correctly created under the real
root.  I see nothing relevant in the install logs, nor cygcheck output,
though I'll gladly supply these if useful.