cygwin launch process using windows environment

Hi all,

Sometimes when using cygwin shell (bash), I want to open up a windows explorer
window or command prompt from that location.  However, when I do that, the
process launches with the environment inherited from the cygwin shell.

For a variety of reasons, this causes issues.

Is there someway to launch processes from the cygwin shell without bringing in
the cygwin environment?

For example:

-PATH=A,B,C,D
-Launch cygwin.  PATH=CYGPATHS,A,B,C,D
    -Launch explorer.exe PATH=A,B,C,D. (this is what I want)

Right now, when I launch explorer, it uses PATH=CYGPATHS,A,B,C,D.

I hope this question is clear.