Re: Yesterday's CVS ci solved VBoxSharedFolderFS issues

On Jul 23 01:40, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to work through a problem with running cygwin from a
> VBoxSharedFolderFS (VirtualBox) folder mounted on my guest host. I've
> tried to work through the problem on my own, as I would imagine that
> VBoxSharedFolderFS support in cygwin is of almost zero importance.
>
> However I thought it at least interesting to note that yesterday's CVS
> checkins (just as a coincidence, I've been working through the problem
> over the last couple of days) seem to have made this work a lot
> better. Before these checkins, I could not start bash. It would take
> up full utilisation of the CPU, and could only be killed through the
> task manager. ash was working in its place, but behaviour of almost
> all the tools was inconsistent.
>
> The only thing obviously broken now are symlinks. I've done some
> debugging and tracked it down to the fact that any call like this:
>
> path.c:2254:      if (NT_SUCCESS (status)
> path.c:2255:      && NT_SUCCESS (status
> path.c:2256:             = NtQueryInformationFile (h, &io, &fbi, sizeof fbi,
> path.c:2257:                           FileBasicInformation)))
>
> will return STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED. I will need to do some further
> learning to understand if this is a show stopper for symlinks,
> although any wisdom dispensed would be greatly appreciated.

Is ity possible that the status code is not the one from
the NtQueryInformationFile call but rather from the
NtCreateFile call before?  In that case the first NT_SUCCESS (status)
is what fails.

A couple of lines above, line 2211ff, there's this:

      /* No right to access EAs or EAs not supported? */
      if (status == STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED || status == STATUS_EAS_NOT_SUPPORTED
          /* Or a bug in Samba 3.2.x (x <= 7) when accessing a share's root dir
             which has EAs enabled? */
          || status == STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER)
        {
          no_ea = true;
          /* If EAs are not supported, there's no sense to check them again
             whith suffixes attached.  So we set eabuf/easize to 0 here once. */
          if (status == STATUS_EAS_NOT_SUPPORTED)

There are two places which check for STATUS_EAS_NOT_SUPPORTED.
If you check additionally for STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED in both places,
does it work now?

Corinna

Red Hat