Re: mbrtowc bug

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> [...]

Cool.  That worked to make the gnulib tests pass when installed.  We ought to
make sure this trick is documented on the page of supported charsets
(http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/setup-locale.html#setup-locale-problems)

> I applied a patch which lets setlocale fail if the codepage necessary
> for the conversion isn't installed.

Success.  I've verified that with the tables uninstalled again, this patch is
enough to cause the gnulib tests to skip anything trying to use eucJP (and as a
result of that skip, it does not bloat the code image by trying to install its
replacement).  This gets rid of some long-standing failures I've been seeing in
the coreutils testsuite.  Thanks!

--
Eric Blake