Re: Re: FAQ question regarding tcl/tk and paths

Hi Larry,

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJM>?  No?  Dang!  I've been looking for an
appropriate place to use that phrase.  I'll keep trying. ;-)
YANMAA - You Are Not Mean At All ;-)
You might have more luck looking in the context of 'insight'.  'insight'
comes with the 'gdb' package but is built for Windows rather than relying
on X.  So the packaged version of Tcl/Tk is the one used for 'insight',
nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks for the tip. It led me to the thread "Does anyone use insight on cygwin?" [http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-08/msg00089.html] which I remember reading right the way through. But I wasn't really invested at the time, that's my excuse for not taking the moral of that thread.

At this point I am tempted to launch into *my* wishlist for tcltk, but I wont. Instead I will go away and invest some time to see if I can help/contribute.

Thanks,
Shaddy